Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Honey Hush!

Tonight I received a special treat. Paula Deen was in Americus to speak at a dinner on behalf of the Boys and Girls Club . The tickets to see her were very expensive, and although I love Paula Deen, I couldn't afford a ticket for the dinner. However, Brian's dad came across an extra ticket and I was able to go to the dinner with Brian's mom. This was such a special treat. She was her usual funny self; she gave her life story and talked about the importance of never giving up. She even kidded around and told funny stories about time spent with another VIP in attendance, former president, Jimmy Carter. She used some of my favorite words like suga & butta, and she seemed like someone I would love to spend more time with. Mimi even waited in line to get an autograph for Jordan, who is one of Paula's favorite fans. He would love to be a chef one day, and we own several Paula Deen cookbooks that he likes to try to cook recipes from. This night was definitely one of the highlights of my summer!
Signature

No comments: