Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day Late

I let Father's Day get by without posting about our day and I am sad. I have the most wonderful fathers in my life and I want to pay tribute to them. My father is the most wonderful man in the world. He has the funniest personality, and lights up a room when he enters. He is very entertaining, and people love to have him around. He has taught me the value of serving others, and is a wonderful role model. He has has been a true picture of my heavenly father, and for that I will be eternally grateful. All of my siblings look like my mom, but of course I had to be the odd ball, and I look more like my dad. I hope that I also inherit his sunny disposition and servant spirit.

I also inherited a super father-in-law. Brian's dad, Mr. Dale, is a powerful handyman, and will tackle any project thrown at him. He passed this on to Brian and I am so glad; there seems to be no shortage of projects around these parts. Mr. Dale is also a servant and goes out of his way to help others. He will give you the shirt from his back if needed. He taught Brian what a godly man says and more importantly does, and I am so thankful Brian had this kind of a dad. He loves my children and will do anything (Literally- ANYTHING) they ask of him, and they've since learned the power in this.

I am so lucky to have been blessed with Brian as my husband. He is an excellent father. He goes so much beyond what I could have ever prayed or asked for. He is such a good helpmate to me. He does more work around our house than I do, and he is one mean cleaner. He irons, washes clothes and dishes, fixes lunches before school, and completes a myriad of other tasks without (hold your breath) ever having to be asked. He looks for ways to serve our family, and I know what a lucky lady I am. He loves our children, and they love to spend time with him. Anna is becoming just like Brian. She is a fierce competitor and loves a challenge. She has inherited his bulldog nature and is as stubborn as the day is long. Jordan, too, is picking up on Brian's traits. He has learned the value of being a gentleman in today's society. He loves to be outdoors like Brian, and wants to make others feel important. More than anything, he is nurturing their spiritual growth. This will have eternal rewards, and I am so grateful my children have a dad like Brian.
Signature

1 comment:

amy said...

Yes, Audra--your dad is an amazing man. I only met him a handful of times, but he certainly impressed me. You are very blessed to have been given such an awesome fatherly example.

And Brian. What a keeper he is! You guys are such a sweet family.

I am so very happy for you.