Friday, April 10, 2009

The Agirama


By Wednesday of our Spring Break week, I was beginning to go stir crazy. Brian thought it was in his and the kids' best interest to get us out of the house. We were searching for a quick day trip, when Brian came across an ad for the Agirama. We had talked about stopping there several times coming from Valdosta, but had never taken the time to do so. This seemed like as good a time as any, so we bundled up and headed to Tifton. The kids enjoyed the day and I think it's always good to get in a little history lesson during Spring Break (I am a teacher, you know!). We forget just how far we've come in 100 years. I often think it would have been nice to have lived in a past era when time seemed to move slower and there with fewer distractions for our children. I am not sure however after visiting the Agirama, if I would have been hardy enough to have survived. Jordan loved the trip and is already planning another. If you're looking for a living history lesson to enjoy with your children, we would suggest you take a step back in time to 1910 at the GA Agirama!


Jordan at the well


Brian and the kids on the train



Anna pumping water for use in the Dr.'s office


Signature

1 comment:

amy said...

When I did my student teaching at WG Nunn, we took our 3rd graders there---sooo much fun. I always vowed I'd take my own kids one day. Maybe I should plan a trip that way!