Monday, February 9, 2009

Are you my Mother?

For the past few weeks, Jordan has been calling me Mother. Not mom, momma or any other normal phrase used by a five year for the most important being in their young lives. I hadn't really thought about it or noticed it until this weekend when several people commented on it. It is very natural for him to call me mother, to which I normally reply with my answer, "yes son". Now that I have stopped and given it consideration, I love it that he calls me mother. It's special. I feel honored to have a special and unique title. After all, he doesn't call Brian Father. This morning he called me momma in the car and it sounded strange. So much so, that I whipped my head around (no, I wasn't driving) and said "what did you say?". I think he is self-conscious about it now that several people have called attention to it. I hope he will never change and I will forever affectionately be known as Mother.

No comments: