Saturday, January 8, 2011

From the Office of the President

The Passing of the Gavel from Past President-Meg Usrey

Yes, it's official. I am the president of something- nothing important, but none the less, something. This week I officially became president of the Junior Service League of Americus. First let me say that the JSL of Americus is not one of those snooty social clubs. We actually SERVE our community. We have to give at least 60 hours each year in service to various needs in our area. It has been a great opportunity for me to feel like I am making a difference. It also allows my children to see me serving. I hope I am setting an example for them that they can follow.

This week we had our Board meeting and general meeting. The board meeting on Tuesday was to tie the loose ends of last year and to start afresh with a new board for this year. The nerve-wracking part of it all was that I was in charge. Watch out world! Our general meeting was relatively short and many expressed their thanks for this. Needless to say, I am excited about the upcoming year with the JSL and the many opportunities that are waiting.
2011 Board of Directors

No comments: