Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's a Pig Party

Today, some wonderful friends of ours hosted a BBQ. A major BBQ, with the whole hog. It was an all day affair for some men who arrived at dawn to put the pig on the barbie. We went over about 1:00 and enjoyed sweet fellowship with many friends. The family that hosted the event are very gracious hosts and go out of their way to transform their yard into a children's dreamland. This year they had a zip line, tree house, seesaw, and various "wild game" items planted around the yard for the children to find. This is a dream come true for Jordan. He came home with many new treasures. The food was delicious, the fellowship sweet, and the play was dirty. I believe Jordan brought home a pound of sand on his face and arms. All in all, I can only think of a few ways I would rather spend a Saturday. I am blessed to live in small town Georgia where we really know how to enjoy a pigout!











At the end of a long day- do we look tired or what?

1 comment:

Carrie Poe said...

I enjoyed looking at your pictures. I hate that we missed it. It looks like everyone had a lot of fun though.